Thursday 27 January 2011

Countdown to Adventure

Over the past few weeks or so, I have felt that my life has become more and more routine and mundane. I get up, I go to work, I eat lunch, I go back to work, I go to bed. That is how I felt my life has been for at least a couple of months. I feel like I am lacking something.

When I was younger, I remember everyday being an adventure. There was always people to meet, things to do and laughter to be had. I had a fighter's spirit, a spirit that I thought could never be extinguished. However I have come to realise that I have slowly become the very thing I had always vowed never to become. A boring bastard. And that my friends, was a sad realisation indeed.

So I looked at myself in the mirror, sent my friend Tom Budgen an email and asked if it was OK to go to visit him in Worcester. He replied with a yes, and thus I bought my train tickets.

And so in a fortnight, I shall be reuinted with my Irish friend and brother and hopefully meet some new friends. This is the adventure that my soul and spirit have been crying out for, let the countdown to adventure begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment